we're moving! .... no, not done yet.

We're in a weird head space over here at Tortugas (aka NOT HdP). Simultaneously depressed and excited.

The other week we asked our architect for an estimated timeline of the remaining stages we have left to go before we get to start the remodel. The results? depressing. Best case scenario: we won't be able to even begin the remodel until December.

....December?!?!

Ugh. I have no other words. Just a gutteral sound: Ugh.


Nevertheless... we persisted. Tried to keep our heads up. Knowing that one day, someday, we would move into HdP. Someday.

Feeling depressed, and needing to check the mail, I went over to HdP one day and had a crazy idea: Why don't we just move in now? Think about it: We're love this house (not the house really, but the neighborhood), we're burning though money renting and paying the mortgage, the dogs and I are still allergic to something at Tortugas, (speaking of) the dogs would love to be with us and have the space to run (and bark), we miss our evening walks, and we're sitting on a perfectly liveable-ish house that will be empty until December---oh no, wait, I digress, April (at best).

I pitched my idea to Tom and he loved it. So... we're moving!

Ugh. Moving.


Here's the plan:
- move to HdP mid-August
- live there until construction begins
- during construction, live with the in-laws
- 4-6 months later, move back into finished HdP

Sounds so simple when you put it on paper I guess. But you know what's not so simple? Moving... with two kids... and a husband. What have I done? If you need me I'll be going crazy amongst the storage bins.






















Comments

Popular Posts